The Latest Common Inspection Framework
This one-day course considers the latest Ofsted common inspection framework: education, skills and early years and the school inspection handbook. It aims to ensure that schools and other institutions are prepared fully for their next inspection
Who should attend?
Senior staff, including principals, headteachers, deputy and assistant headteachers, subject leaders, heads of department and phase leaders of maintained schools and academies in England. This course is for KS1 to 5.
- Get the very latest updates from practising inspectors.
- Find out about the current grade descriptors in the evaluation schedule.
- Understand the importance of having robust evidence about current progress and outcomes for pupils.
- Be clear about the impact of senior leaders on the school’s vision and direction and how inspectors gather evidence.
- Get an insight into how inspectors gather evidence for SMSC, including British values.
- Understand the focus on safeguarding.
- Know the implications for your next inspection at short notice and how to prepare for it.
- Find out about the frequency and type of inspections, including short inspections
What will it cover?
- A detailed look at the grade descriptors for each inspection judgement.
- Clarification for schools on information they do and do not need to provide for inspections.
- Evaluating outcomes for pupils, including disabled pupils, those with special educational needs, disadvantaged pupils and the most able pupils.
- Evaluating teaching, learning and assessment.
- The focus on progress, numeracy, reading and literacy.
- The importance of leadership and management.
- Personal development, safety and welfare.
- The role of governors.
- Conduct of the inspection.
“Very informative, helped us as a senior leadership team to raise questions about our school and discuss possible solutions.”
£140 +VAT (Includes all resources, refreshments and lunch)
|Venue||Brooke Weston Teaching School, Corby, Northants, NN18 8LA|
|Date & Time||Thursday 8th June 2017 from 09:30 - 15:00|