Securing Outstanding Learning (previously TOP)
This programme is aimed at further refining standards in the classroom, with a particular focus on evidence based Quality First Teaching: Pedagogy, Curriculum, Behaviour Management, Evidence-Based Teaching and Learning Strategies and Effective Assessment.
What is the Outstanding Teacher Programme?
Delivered in school by outstanding practitioners, this programme provides an opportunity to learn and develop in a school context. The programme is interactive and participants will have the opportunity to see outstanding classroom practice in action throughout the academy.
The programme helps teachers to:
- develop higher order teaching and learning skills
- enhance their coaching and mentoring capabilities
- improve learning and progress for students
- place a greater emphasis on the purpose and value of their lessons
- raise levels of engagement in learning
- use different teaching styles to challenge learners
- plan more effectively and reflectively
- create a school culture which promotes dialogue about pedagogy
- Increase their job satisfaction and career progression opportunities
Support in your school:
Each participant will require a mentor from their school to support them in their activities. Mentors should be senior, outstanding practitioners with responsibility or expertise in teaching and learning. Mentors will need to attend the first and last sessions of the programme, provide support for the participants to work back at their own school on the practical school-based tasks and monitor progress against individual action plans.
£695 per participant or FREE for alliance members as a Band 3 allocation
Includes all resources, refreshments and lunch
|Venue||Brooke Weston Teaching School, Corby, Northants, NN18 8LA|