NQT Professional Development Programme: Primary
The programme is aimed at NQTs from the primary phase. As well as giving targeted teaching support, the course also provides an opportunity for new teachers to network, providing a valuable means of peer to peer support and development.
The NQT Professional Development Programme consists of 10 sessions targeted at supporting NQTs to achieve Teacher Standards and successfully complete Induction Year. Each session covers topics that are essential to classroom practice and provides strategies to develop teaching and learning opportunities.
Focus for the sessions:
- Welcome, Your role as a teacher and introduction to the end of year presentation
- Creating a climate for learning
- Teaching and learning
- Meeting the needs of all learners (SEN/Disadvantaged)
- Meeting the needs of all learners (More Able)
- Literacy and numeracy across the curriculum
- Pastoral care and wider responsibilities
- Role of Subject Leaders
- Presentation to Heads & Mentors
£450 per participant or FREE for Alliance members (Band 2 allocation)
Includes all resources & refreshments.
|Venue||Brooke Weston Teaching School, Corby, Northants, NN18 8LA|
Date and Time
All sessions take place from 16:00 - 17:30