NQT Appropriate Body
Brooke Weston Teaching School Alliance is registered as an Appropriate Body for the professional induction of Newly Qualified Teachers (NQTs).
The appropriate body, along with the head teacher or principal is jointly responsible for the monitoring, support and assessment of the NQT during induction and has the main quality assurance role.
As part of our service we offer:
- Registration and monitoring the progress of NQTs and reporting to the Teaching Regulation Agency
- Advice and guidance on the setting up of a whole school NQT Programme (optional)
- High quality training sessions for Induction Tutors and mentors of NQTs that are new to the Brooke Weston Teaching School Alliance
- Providing NQT Induction tutors with advice and guidance
- The option of a school visit to monitor that appropriate monitoring and support is in place in line with statutory requirements
- Providing phone/email support for Headteachers/Principals and NQT Induction Tutors
- Giving advice where NQTs are at risk of failure and advise on appropriate support packages for the NQT
- Quality assurance of assessment forms, against the Teachers' Standards
Once we have received the completed registration forms for your NQTs, we will forward you all the relevant paperwork and guidance. Sue Kerley is our NQT Appropriate Body administrator and can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional questions about the process.
|What||Appropriate Body for NQTs|
|Cost||£185 (core package)|
|How to register your NQTs||Please download the registration pack below and return to TSAAppropriateBody@brookeweston.org|