NPQ Programmes: 20/21
Find out more abut our National Professional Qualification programmes and to book click here:
We deliver the Department for Education’s National Professional Qualification for Middle Leadership, National Professional Qualification for Senior Leadership and National Professional Qualification for Headship in partnership with Ambition Institute.
Each NPQ – regardless of level – covers seven leadership behaviours and six competencies:
In order to complete your chosen NPQ you will be required to:
- Attend all training sessions and any other requirements set out by the provider.
- Complete an in-school project and submit a write-up of this project (showing how, through completion of this project, you have evidenced the required competencies and behaviours).
- This project must last for at least two terms.
- The NPQML and NPQSL require completion of one project only, whilst the NPQH require the completion of two projects.
- For the NPQH one of these projects must be completed over a nine-day placement in a contrasting school.
- You must submit your write-up and all evidence within 18 months of the start of your programme.
Please see the NPQ Content and Assessment Framework for more detail about your chosen NPQ, including assignments and placements.
To support you in the completion of your chosen NPQ our offer includes as standard:
- Expert-designed curriculum, content and resources which align to the required leadership behaviours and competencies, provided by Ambition Institute
- Minimum 18 hours of face-to-face, facilitated training delivered over at least two terms (but no more than 18 months)
- Two 360° reviews (at the beginning and end of the programme)
- Option of a Viva
- A network of peers and relevant experts
- Assessment support and full assessment of your final submission
- Trained and quality assured facilitators of whom at least 50% are serving school leaders