Leading a Successful Department/Team
Leading a Successful Department
Moving from a teaching role to head of department or subject leader is a big step. This course takes a very practical approach to ensuring you know what to expect, how to plan for and lead learning and how to ensure that robust and accurate quality assurance procedures are in place.
Who would benefit from this course?
The course has been developed for teachers who currently have, or will have, responsibility for co-ordinating a team or those who aspire to lead a team. It will enable you to further understand the role of the middle leader and how to develop your own effective leadership. There is also a clear focus on how to use national and school data to identify a gap in performance of groups of students.
What will it cover?
- Understand what it means for leadership and management to be successful according to Ofsted.
- Understand how to lead to create an environment and curriculum that supports outstanding learning and progress.
- Using data analysis and information about vulnerable groups and disadvantaged students to identify a gap in achievement with your department or key stage, particularly focusing on vulnerable groups and disadvantaged students.
- Monitoring, tracking and supporting successful progress in all students
- Motivating and managing teams, supporting professional development and dealing with challenging staff
|£450 per participant (Includes resources and refreshments)
|Brooke Weston Teaching School, Corby, Northants, NN18 8LA
|Date and Time
|Thursday 2nd March 2017 from 09:00 - 15:30