Disadvantaged Learners and SEND (Secondary)
This is a series of practical training sessions supporting you to understand and address the needs of disadvantaged learners in your secondary school. With thoughtful guidance founded in research and best practice, this programme will provide you with advice and resources for providing support for students.
Who would benefit from these courses?
This course is suitable for SEND co-ordinators, subject leaders and anyone involved in supporting disadvantaged students to thrive.
What will the sessions cover?
- The ‘bigger picture’ – your classroom, school, the national context and Ofsted
- Identification of disadvantaged learners
- The needs of disadvantaged learners
- Supporting disadvantaged learners
- Developing teacher expertise
- Raising boys' achievement
Targeted, subject specific sessions for Maths, English, MFL, Science and the Everyday Classroom.
£125 per participant, per session (Band A)
Includes resources, lunch and refreshments
Brooke Weston Teaching School, Corby, Northants, NN18 8LA
09:30 - 15:30
|Book now||Click here to book your space(s).|