Recruiting Evidence Leads in Education (ELE)
Recruitment in Northamptonshire, Leicestershire, Leicester City and Rutland
Learn-AT Teaching School are looking for more research-informed professionals to join our talented team of Evidence Leads in Education (ELE). The new ELEs will contribute to evidence-informed school improvement and will be designated by Kyra Research School. If you are a primary or secondary teacher with an interest in research-informed practice and the use of education research evidence, you are encouraged to apply.
What are ELEs?
ELEs are highly effective teachers. They are middle and senior leaders with the skills to support individuals or teams in similar positions in other schools. They are engaged professionals, interested and experienced in using research evidence to inform and evaluate their own practice and to support colleagues’ professional learning. They understand what strong leadership of evidence-informed school improvement looks like and are skilled in helping other leaders to achieve it in their own context.
Why support applications from your highest performing teachers/ leaders?
- System Leadership is under review and 20-21 is likely to be the final year of SLE designation.
- ELEs are funded through the EEF and Research Schools for a minimum 2 years and likely to be the replacement for SLE school-to-school support (there is no cost to apply).
- Kyra Research school has identified Northamptonshire as key growth area for ELE training and deployment. There is an opportunity for your best teachers to be at the forefront of this.
- Your ELEs will join the RIPPLE network, receiving 6 evidence-briefings annually to share with your school community and support your school development
- A terrific development and retention strategy for your best classroom-practitioners
- Anticipated deployment is 6 days a year, beginning in Spring 2021, with full cover costs provided to the home school
- Brooke Weston Trust is advocating the development of a cohort, to represent a range of specialisms.
- Applications open: 30th November 2020
- Application Zoom session: 7th December 2020
- Application deadline: 11th January 2021
For more information, please see the Recruitment Advert PDF and ELE Application form.