Getting the Basics Right: Maximising Progress through Quality First Teaching
Who should attend?
This course is designed to provide teachers with the knowledge and confidence to reinvigorate their skills, with a clear focus on the essential elements of teaching and learning. This is suitable for staff that are returning to teaching, new to the profession or seeking to update or ‘retool’ their current expertise.
What will it cover
This is a full day’s training which provides an overview of the key components of impact driven teaching and learning, underpinned by evidence based strategies. Areas of focus during the day will include:
- Effective use of data to ensure all students are supported and challenged
- Highly focused lesson design with sharp objectives to support students to excel
- Assessing and monitoring
- Feedback and supporting pupils to make progress
- Using questioning, modelling and explanation as strategies for accelerated improvement
- Activating pupil engagement
£125 + VAT per participant, per session (Band A)
Includes resources, lunch and refreshments
Brooke Weston Teaching School, Corby, Northants, NN18 8LA
09:30 - 15:30
|Book now||Click here to book your space(s).|